STOP THE ATTACK ONYOUR SOLAR RIGHTS
THANK YOU!Solar United Neighbors and Vote Solar submitted over 20,000 letters to federal regulators on the June 15th deadline -- thanks to YOU!
Add your name now and we’ll keep in touch on your solar rights. We’ll submit your letter if there is another opportunity for public comment.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
A secretive group with links to monopoly utility interests has launched an attack on your solar rights.
- If you already have solar, it could cost you thousands of dollars.
- If you don’t yet have solar, it could limit your ability to go solar in the future.
- If you’re a solar installer, it could mean fewer jobs and less revenue.
This group has asked federal regulators to seize states’ ability to ensure you receive fair credit for the electricity you produce.
When your solar system generates more electricity than you can use, the extra electricity goes out through your electric meter to your neighbors. You earn a credit from your utility for this electricity on your bill.
This system is called net metering and helps make rooftop solar a financial win for millions of families and businesses across the country. It’s in place in more than 49 states and territories and has been running successfully for nearly 40 years.
This group is using the cover of a global pandemic to take money out of your pocket.
They thought we weren’t watching. They thought wrong.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Solar United Neighbors and Vote Solar Comments demonstrate strong support for local control of solar policies
- Vote Solar Issue Brief: Petition to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for Declaratory Order on the Legality of State Net Metering Programs
- FERC Docket EL20-42
- Energy and Policy Institute New England Ratepayers Association